Monday, July 24, 2017

34 Weeks of Clean: Rinse and Repeat: Week 29-The Garage


Maybe I should have just named this week the Man Cave Edition.  Seriously, what is it with men and their garages?

If I was in charge of our garage this is what it would like like, I am sure of it! ;)


https://www.pinterest.com/pin/AeEgwMzl6Ci_KOPgLxN7CbcYLX2S12AdoEQ1vdKXAoT7cDgsr53XPZs/


Or this...
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/AXmw4cTZyltbHWfyxQNurNc7ZKfIFo2Q4dKSXpwDYYYsB2Y8OEO_bIs/

I am not in charge of our garage so this is what it looks like-


Just keeping it real, folks!


In my husband's defense, this is the first time he has been involved with this particular assignment.  He was deployed for a year when I started this madness series and I promised not to toss out all of  his stuff without him.  Not that that was not very tempting, mind you.  But, hey, I can shut the door and, ta-da! out of sight, out of mind!


The garage is not an area that I feel all that comfortable cleaning out by myself.  If it were up to me, I would simply dump it all in the trash with the exception of about five things.  Really, I would.  But my sweet hubby might have a heart attack.  Luckily for him, I conveniently ended up sick in bed all day for this assignment so he and Ashton, our oldest who happens to be a minimalist, had the whole place to themselves.  I think God smiled down on me. :)



So roll up your sleeves and let's get to work on those GARAGES!

  • Empty it all out! Yes,  because we had recently done all of the Christmas buns, those did stay in place.


  • Sweep and then hose down the concrete.  After a LONG winter of snow or just plain weather, dirt and grime are bound to build up.  I hate to even think about how much junk we track into our home.  Another reason we leave shoes at the door!
  •  
  •  Now is a great time to wash out your trash can and recycling cans!  Those things can get smelly! 
  • Throw out any trash that has accumulated over the last year and sort out anything that is broken and not being used. 

Before de-cluttering, but you can see the bike storage
Now is the time to start putting back the things you are keeping-

  • Put like things together and organize.  Think outside the box here!  Can you hang bikes from the rafters?  Can you hang tools on a wall?  We use an old trashcan to store rakes and shovels and such!


  • If you have storage containers, now is the time to clean them out.  Throw away things that have not been used in years.  Most of the stuff we hang on to "just in case" never gets used.  It is just taking up space, I promise!  You CAN be prepared without being a pack-rat!




When you are done, pat yourself on the back!  Or treat your hubby to a night out on the town!  Whatever works! ;)  Don't worry, we are headed back inside soon.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!