Monday, April 17, 2017

What Does a Homeschool Veteran Actually Look Like?- Blog Hop

Welcome to day 1 of the Homeschool Review Crew's 5 Days of Homeschool Blog Hop which will run all this week!  This year the sky is the limit with everyone's chosen subjects so make sure you explore the linky, learn some new things, make some new friends, and just have some fun!



As for me- this week we are talking about Keeping Your Homeschool Alive. Before we get started, let's quickly talk about what a homeschool veteran looks like.

Some days my hair and makeup are perfect (well as perfect as I can get) and there is a smile on my face!
Some days I have my pajamas on til noon and I look like something the dogs drug in!
Some days confidence in this journey pours out of me and I am ready to conquer even the hardest college applications!
Some days doubt and worry set in and I wonder if the kids are even learning something.
Some days I wish they were all preschoolers again working with the teddy bear counters and playdough.
Some days I cannot wait to be done homeschooling.
Some days we start at 9 and end at 3 completing all of our daily assignments on time.
Some days we are lucky if we start by noon and get anything done.

Sound anything like you?
I hope so!

You see, the point is, we are not too different. 

Yes, I have been homeschooling for almost two decades (excuse me while I go sit down), but I am much like you.  I have learned a lot of things, but by no means have all the answers.
Some days are good.  Some days are not.

But, by the grace of God, a lot of prayer, and a lot of determination, we forge ahead.

I have a 23 year old daughter who graduated with a BS in Bible who runs her own sewing business.
My second daughter is three weeks from finishing her first year in college, which is actually her sophomore year.
I have a son that is finishing up his freshman year and starting to explore college possibilities.
And I have a 9 year old, yes you read that correctly, that is a 4th grader and he says he is living with me forever.  Oh boy!

So this week as we talk about Keeping Your Homeschool Alive, remember- we are more alike than not.
And we are in this journey together!

Welcome, friend!

5 Days of Homeschool Annual Blog Hop - 2017
Blessings,

6 comments:

  1. Love this! While we are not all the same, we homeschool moms can all find commonality :) I've been homeschooling a long, long time too and I can relate to all you say in this post. Looking forward to reading more this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I'm not the only 20-year homeschooling "veteran" who still has doubts and days where nothing gets done! Looking forward to your series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We sure do sound pretty much the same.. some days I even start the day with perfect hair and makeup and a smile on my face and end up looking like something the cat dragged in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry, but I am glad it is not just me! ;)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!