Thursday, April 6, 2017

Once Upon a Time Holy Bible and Storybook Bible Review

Another Bible review!  You all KNOW I love Bibles!  If I could get a Bible into the hands of everyone I know, and those I don't, I would have a permanent smile on my face.  One at a time, I am checking people off! ;)

While the Word of God is never changing and ALWAYS sufficient, how you package those words can vary greatly.  While I prefer a pretty plain Bible, others like a place to journal and art work, and others like sparkle and fancy fonts.  Even the translation choices can vary from person to person.  In my humble opinion, those details do not change the message, and so if the specific color or other choices make your heart sing, then go for it.

The Once Upon a Bible is going to make little girls' hearts sing, I just know it!  It speaks of everything princessey (I just made up that word, I know) and sparkly.  Full color pictures similar to the Disney look are sprinkled throughout this NIRV version of the Holy Bible and are sure to attract children and Disney loving families.  While the title Once Upon a Time Bible may make you wince a bit, the publisher is quick to point out, "The Bible is not a fairy tale.  Every great story happened once upon a time," and THIS story had the BEST happy ending!  Features include a Bible dictionary as well as a list of the "great" Bible stories for quick reference.



In connection with the Once Upon a Time Bible Zonderkidz has also produced the Once Upon a Time Storybook Bible.  This 8x11 storybook highlights stories from the Bible.  Each story is 4 pages long with full color illustrations and ends with a Happily Ever After box that contains the scripture verse and reference from which the story comes.
 
 

The Once Upon a Time Storybook Bible highlights 33 stories, 18 from the Old Testament and 15 from the New Testament. For those children you may feel are too young to sit through a full chapter in the Bible or may have a hard time processing at that level, these stories are a perfect way to introduce the familiar people and stories from old.  Building a love of the people in the Bible at an early age may help to transition more easily to a full Bible when they are ready.

Even at 9 years old, my son enjoyed looking at the fun pictures and snuggling up to read the stories, and he had no problem reading the NIRV text as a 4th grader.


I would love to give a copy of both the Once Upon a Time Bible and the Once Upon a Time Storybook Bible to one of our readers!  Just leave me a comment and tell me who you would share these with.  Don't forget to let me know how I can reach you if you are our winner.  A random name will be chosen next THURSDAY!

Both Bibles are available where books are sold and the Storybook Bible is available at Sam's Club or where books are sold.  You can also purchase them here!


Disclosure (in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255:  “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”):  Many thanks to Propeller Consulting, LLC for providing this prize for the giveaway.  Choice of winners and opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation.  I did receive a sample of the product in exchange for this review and post. Only one entrant per mailing address, per giveaway.  If you have won a prize from our sponsor Propeller /FlyBy Promotions in the last 30 days on the same blog, you are not eligible to win.  Or if you have won the same prize on another blog, you are not eligible to win it again.  Winner is subject to eligibility verification.

Blessings,








1 comment:

  1. I would share these with my 4 daughters. I think they would enjoy them, and I have been looking for new Bibles for them.
    Shannydanny 314 @ gmail .com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!