Friday, April 21, 2017

Keeping Your Homeschool Alive- There's A Light At The End of The Tunnel

Day 5 of our 5 Days of Homeschool Blog Hop is here!  It has been an exhausting week, but so worth it.  If you have not had time to explore the linkys this week, I would encourage you to spend this weekend catching up- there are some great posts out there that I KNOW will bless your life.  I do, after all, work with an amazing group of women!


For our last day, we are going to look ahead a bit.  There is, after all, a light at the end of the tunnel.  Although for some of us the tunnel seems pretty long.  27 years total long.  Excuse me while I go hyperventilate.

Ok, here we go.  What do we do when that light is drawing near?

Be thankful!  No, not that you are almost child free, but that you have been blessed with this experience.  I often tell people I cannot imagine my kids not being home all day.  Although every day has not been easy, I consider it a huge blessing to have the opportunity to teach my kids at home.  We have learned together, cried together, and rejoiced together.  I am thankful.

Reach out to others!  Everyday there are people who are just beginning this homeschool journey.  They have a million questions and are looking for answers.  Lots of answers.  You, veteran mom, have a lot of knowledge.  You have learned and grown a lot in those years and you have something valuable to offer.  Offer it!

Bless others!  I bet you have a lot of curriculum sitting around.  I know I do even now and I still have 8 years to go!  Loan it out, or even sell it.  No need for it to gather dust when someone else can be using it.  It really is one of my greatest joys to loan out curriculum we are not currently using.

Develop you!  I don't know about you, but I chose to put myself and a lot of what made me me to the side when I started homeschooling.  It was just what I needed to do so I could focus on the task at hand with fewer outside distractions.  But soon (well, in 8 years), I will be back to just me in the house during the day.  While my hubby is at work, I would like to do more than sit around the house and twiddle my thumbs.  Whether it is professional development or just returning to old hobbies, be looking for things to do with your time that will bring you joy.

So that light at the end of the tunnel you see?  Embrace it.  Celebrate it!  Look to the future with joy and anticipation.

You deserve it, friend!


Blessings,


5 Days of Homeschool Annual Blog Hop - 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!