Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Kwik Stix Painting beats all!- Review


Let's just lay it all on the table now.  I am not a lover of art.  Well, I love looking at art, but the actual doing it, now that is a whole different thing.  Especially when it comes to paint.  It is messy.  And drippy. And never dries.  And did I mention, messy?  Trust me, I was a preschool teacher once upon a time, I know these things. Thanks, but no thanks!

Not only have I have now seen the light, but I also can't wait to tell you about Kwik Stix Solid Tempura Paints from The Pencil Grip, Inc.  We received the Kwik Stix 12 pk., as well as the Neons 6 pk. and Metallix 6 pks. to review and man, are we having fun!


Kwik Stix paints are solid tempera paints.  Yes, you read that correctly.  Solid.  Think an oversized tube of chapstick.  As a mater of fact, that is exactly what my son said it felt like he was painting with.  You just pop the cap off, twist up the stick, and paint away.  The paint dries in about 90 seconds and there are no drips and no messes.  Bonus- no brushes, smocks, or water is required either. Genius, right?

The sticks are big enough for little hands to use, and, because they are non-toxic, I would not hesitate to let younger children use them.  Think VBS, co-op classes, preschoolers, etc.  The parents will thank you and the kids will love you!


So how did we use these paints?

Signs, projects, and just for fun right here at home!

Our first try was our welcome home sign for Dad!  In the past, similar welcome home signs have taken much time and energy.  Because the paint sticks are on the larger size, this sign took no time and it was much easier to color in the letters.


And yes, mom played with the paints as well.  Talented, I know!


My son's favorite set is the Metallix 6 pk.  He immediately decided they were perfect for space drawings and drew a planet scape.  Perfect timing, as our church VBS theme this summer is about space.


Yes, that is a lot of black!  It makes me cringe just to think about the mess that we would have had if we had used regular paints. We did not even use a mat under this painting because there is just no mess involved!

One of the other things I love about these solid tempera paints is their vibrant colors.  They go one thick without being sticky and show up well.  Despite the more "roll on" application, they still feel and look like any other tempura paint.


Because The Pencil Grip, Inc. is such a great company, they also included one of their famous The Pencil Grip Originals in our box of fun. These soft little grips that fit on pens and pencils help children learn to correctly hold their pencil and helps prevent bad habits we often form when learning to write. While it feels uncomfortable for me to use, my youngest son likes using them a lot!  There are several different kinds designed for specific grip issues your child may have.  They will also send you a chart of correct and incorrect handwriting positions with your order of a grip to help you learn to use them.


So, yes, my feeling have somewhat changed about messy art.  Thankfully, Kwik Stix has taken the mess out of painting and I am a happy mom and a BIG fan!

Kwik Stix The Pencil Grip, Inc. Review

Crew Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!