Friday, April 22, 2016

Updates and Plans



I love my little house.


Honestly, it is not at all what I thought we would end up in and yet, every day I find something else about it that I just love.

But I also moved in knowing that there were some changes I wanted to make.

Like the kids' bathroom.  It was original to the house, so at 15 years old it was a tad outdated.  Since we knew we could make a big difference with just a few minor changes that is where we started this past week.  Hubby having a week off was super helpful.

Here are a few before picture-





Lovely, huh?

We removed the stock builder's mirror and replaced it with two I found at Bed, Bath and Beyond-


  Took off the counter top and painted the wood cabinets black-






Reinstalled the old cabinet top, but replaced the sink fixtures-



Painted the walls a crisp white









Hung the two towel racks next to each other


Added new light fixtures-




And a few final touches!


Voila!



I love it!  Can you tell? ;)


Another thing we have done is transform our front porch with back patio areas soon to come. Both were clean slates, so it was a lot of fun.  The only change left is painting the front door.  I love the wood, but again, it is 15 years old and quite weather worn.  Thinking about black, but if you have any ideas, I would love to hear them!

Here is the before-
And the afters-




There are little trees in the pots now.  Guess I need a picture of that!


Still several projects left, but remember what my hubby says, Rome was not built in a day!

Yes, dear!

Blessings,

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!