Monday, November 2, 2015

Grab a Friend For Science!


Have you ever noticed that some people are just science people? I mean, they love the fancy words, the fine details, and the experiments.  Especially the experiments.

I am not one of those people.  Yes, I am a firm believer in learning science, but no, I do not love doing the experiments.  It is not even just that I do not enjoy doing them, but they just seem like so much work sometimes, especially when doing them for just one student.  And because my youngest is pretty spaced out from his siblings, yes, we do them for just one student these days.

But I have found a solution that has brought the fun back.

Grab a friend for science.


It really is that simple. Through a series of events, we have been blessed by having a friend over several Fridays each month to do science experiments with us.  Science is just more fun with a friend. There is a lot of silliness and laughter that go along with those Fridays, but also quite a bit of learning as well. Not only about science, but also about cooperation, taking turns, patience, team work
and even grace!


Because we choose to use a science kit, each day looks a little different for us. Our lessons are not particularly tied to what each of the boys are currently learning, but have always been worth while none the less.  I admit that the pre-made science kits appeal to me because most of the leg work has been done for me, but there are plenty of other sources out there, book or internet, that provide simple ideas for a homeschool experience. 


So far we have covered the properties of matter, the weather, volcanoes, planets and even some chemistry.  


Yes, your kids can learn solo, but learning with a buddy is just more fun!  For the kiddos and the teacher. ;)

Linking up with friends!

Photobucket
I Choose Joy!
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!