Monday, September 28, 2015

Ashton's Fall Capsule


Hello! This is Ashton, and I'm back with yet another capsule wardrobe to share with you.
First, I have a confession. When I first decided what months to put in each capsule "season," I had September, October, and November as fall and December, January, and February as winter. Well. You might have noticed that I'm posting this at the end of September. That is because I just switched my wardrobe over Friday. That is because it was still hot way back in the beginning of September. That is because...I honestly don't know. Anyway, after doing some thinking, I realized that SD is actually a fairly cold state compared to most places, including where we are moving next (see this post if you missed that announcement). So if it is too hot to wear fall clothes here, it is definitely going to be too hot to wear fall clothes elsewhere. Thus my confession. I made a mistake, and have decided to mend my ways. Thus, my new and improved capsule schedule looks like this:

Winter: January, February, March
Spring: April, May, June
Summer: July, August, September
Fall: October, November, December (as a reminder, mom does two capsules instead of four)


OK, now that I have that off my chest, let's get down to the actual capsule. This capsule is probably the most unique of my capsules in terms of how different it is from my "look." Mom actually said to me, "I like your fall capsule. There isn't as much blue or plaid." I'm still trying to decide how to take that but she is right, there is hardly any blue (I know, right?!) and only a handful of plaid pieces. This capsule will also carry me through the most varied season temperature-wise. Right now it very warm here (in the 70s and 80s) and I will still be wearing this capsule in December, when it is COLD. I will let you know how that goes.

So, for fall I have:
11 shirts
5 pairs of pants
9 skirts (4 church, 5 everyday)
3 dresses
5 sweaters
2 vests
1 jacket

Total: 36 items, my smallest capsule yet!
Again, this doesn't count things like exercise clothes, old sweatshirts I wear around the house, or accessories or shoes. It also doesn't count camisoles or the plain long-sleeved layering shirts that I wear under everything when it gets cold. I do have quite a few of those, but since I can't wear them as shirts by themselves I'm not counting them.

Let's talk numbers for a minute. I looked back and my spring capsule was 50 items, while my summer capsule was 37 items. Obviously there is no perfect number and everyone and every season is different. That being said, I live where it gets COLD in the late fall, winter, and early spring, and I am a firm believer in wearing more clothes then, especially because I am usually cold.

And finally, the least wordy part of this post! My friend Sarah and I put together some outfits for you to see!


Until winter, 
Ashton

Linking up with friends-

Photobucket

I Choose Joy!

4 comments:

  1. I admire people who can create a capsule wardrobe! I really like the plaid skirt and blue scarf outfit combo you made:)

    Christina
    www.ourwoodhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful looks ! I love scarfs too and I think they can zip to any outfit - love yours. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This a great post, I started one after reading your first one, i have one for Spring/Summer, Fall/Winter, Work, Formal Wear. I have more in mine - 181 in my Spring/Summer, 184 in Fall/Winter and 41 for work and 16 for formal, I am Autistic and have sensory processing disorder and ehlers danlos syndrome so my needs are different and i have come to work them out in the past 2 years and your post help me sort out clothing for the seasons and use them all up then just still wear the same ones over and over.

    becci

    rebeccafashionandlife.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becci! Good for you for creating capsules! I am so glad the posts helped you get started.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!