Friday, August 7, 2015

34 Weeks of Clean! Week 32- The Garage


Maybe I should have just named this week the Man Cave Edition.  Seriously, what is with men and their garages?

If I was in charge of our garage this is what it would like like, I am sure of it! ;)

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/AVo8r1IBjlLt_O9tQl8PMP_J_n_KXmJ9GgV5UKQLutT4P5BkoRx5i20/


I am not in charge of our garage so this is what it looks like-

Just keeping it real, folks!


In my husband's defense, he HAS been gone for 8 months, we live in a rough winter state, and quite honestly this is an area I just cannot be bothered with right now.  I can shut the door and ta-da- out of sight, out of mind!

It is also not an area that I feel all that comfortable cleaning out by myself.  If it were up to me, I would simply dump it all in the trash with the exception of about five things.  Really, I would.  But my sweet hubby might have a heart attack or threaten not to come home, so I was kind and did not do so.

I did get rid of a few things, but let's not talk about that!

The good news is that my in laws came to visit during clean up time and my sweet father in law is a cleaning machine.  I put he and my kiddos to work and the end result was miraculous!




So roll up your sleeves and let's get to work on those garages!

  • Empty it all out! Y es, I did leave the storage units we had in place, but all the extra stuff sitting around went out.



  • Sweep and then hose down the concrete.  After a LONG winter of snow, ours was caked in mud.  I hate to even think about how much junk we tracked into our home.  Another reason we leave shoes at the door!


  • Now is a great time to wash out your trash can and recycling cans!

  • Throw out any trash that has accumulated over the last year and sort out anything that is broken and not being used.  

  • Put like things together and organize.  Think outside the box here!  Can you hang bikes from the rafters?  Can you hang tools on a wall?  We use an old trashcan to store rakes and shovels and such!

  • If you have storage containers, now is the time to clean them out.  Throw away things that have not been used in years.  Most of the stuff we hang on to "just in case" never gets used.  It is just taking up space, I promise!  You CAN be prepared without being a pack-rat!
Since I know there is a lot of stuff you do not need, Kemi from Homemaking Organized has made some garage sale signs to  help you purge the extras!  Now is the time- DE CLUTTER!!!


Can you believe it, one more week to go?!  It seems like just yesterday that we started this project and next week it is over!  What will we do with ourselves?  Oh, actually I know!  


 Kemi and I will share with you soon! ;)

Until then, let's see those clean office spaces from last week!

Week 31- Address Books & Office

Week 33- The Cars

Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. Can I borrow your Father-in-Law? I told hubby it's D-day (demo day) so we'll see how far we get in the garage next week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!