Friday, June 5, 2015

34 Weeks of Clean! Week 23- The Linen Closet


Let's just say that with all the work we have been doing around this house, I am glad that some assignments are easier than others.  We have a few pretty intense ones coming up, so enjoy this week, friends! ;)
The linen closet.

For us it is pretty benign.  Since we only have a few sets of sheets per bed and only a few sets of towels per person, we do not have a stuffed linen closet.  As a matter of fact, most of those sheets and towels are housed in the matching bathrooms, so our true linen closet only has a few linens actually in it.  




Instead, what it mostly holds is Legos.

Yes, you read that right, Legos.  Strange and sad, but true.  When we moved into this house, my son's bedroom space got cut in half and there was just no place to put all of the Lego sets.  Out of necessity many were put in big baggies and stuffed in the closet next to his room, which happens to be, you guessed it, the linen closet.  It is actually not too bad of a deal, except that it was starting to get a little disheveled.  Oh, and did I mention the Thomas Train set is in there as well?  Don't ask.
So, this week, go after that linen closet.  And WHATEVER is in it!
  • Pull it all out.  
  • Sort and purge!  Did I mention that you do not need 20 sets of sheets and towels unless you have a really large family?  Usually two per person with a few for guests are sufficient.  And sheets, well, you can only use one set at a time.  Just saying.  Throw out old, stained, and worn sheets and towels!
  • Wipe off shelves and doors to linen closet.
  • Put everything left back neatly.


Done!  See, I told you that was easy!

Three things to note
  1. You do not always have to use a space for its intended purposes.  Sometimes it pays to get  creative.  Hence, a Lego closet!
  2. We keep all of our beach/pool towels in the basket on the floor.  They are in easy reach for the kids and when we need to, I can grab the handles and take them all with us quickly!
  3. The polka dotted tote on the top shelf you see is for my mom.  She visits often and we learned that it was much easier to just have a set of toiletries here.  That way, she does not have to bring extra stuff on the plane nor worry about forgetting things.  I also think you could do the same thing for any guests you have and store extra toothbrushes, soaps and such.
What about you, do you have a linen closet holding more than linens?  And how did you do on last week's assignment, the laundry/mudroom?  Can't wait to hear about your progress!

Remember, one week at a time, but get moving!

Week 22- The Laundry Room/Mud Room

Week 24- The Porch and Deck

Blessings,

<a href="http://new.inlinkz.com/view.php?id=531171" rel="nofollow" style="text-align: center;" title="click to view in an external page.">An InLinkz Link-up


I Choose Joy!

2 comments:

  1. I'm a week behind but I am pushing through. I so wish I had a linen closet. I have some shelves in my master closet that are supposed to suffice but I would love a little teeny closet in the hall. I like your nice baskets. I love baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did my linen closet when we cleaned the master bathroom :) Hopefully we can catch up a little in other areas. I'm getting slower and slower at getting much done lately.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!