Wednesday, April 1, 2015

D is for DO ASK!

One of the things I love doing occasionally is guest blogging for friends.  Guys, in case you don't know, there are some super talented bloggers out there and I am privileged to call some of them friends!

One of those friends is Sarah Avila from My Joy Filled Life.  Large family, homeschooling, you name it, her blog has something for you!  Sarah is currently hosting a 26 week series called The ABCs of Homeschooling and I have the privilege of writing for her this week!



Honestly, I could have also named this post "Dumb things people ask homeschooling moms," but I figured that would not be very nice.   I teach my children it is important to be nice, after all.   Which is one of the reasons why I have tried to give nice, well thought out answers to all said questions.

The other reason to give a well thought out and kind answer is that we, as homeschoolers, represent homeschoolers.  By answering people kindly and honestly, we hopefully give homeschoolers a good representation.  And maybe even win a few people over to the dark side! ;)  But trust me, behind every one of those "right" answers is a snarky one just trying to get out.

Maybe you know what I mean...


To read the rest go to My Joy Filled Life!


The ABCs of Homeschooling Button

4 comments:

  1. I left you a comment over on My Joy Filled Life. I really enjoyed this post! Looking forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Dede! Welcome to Family, Faith and Fridays- we are glad you found us. Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. Tired of the dumb questions, I answered the same old question asked by a dad at church with "We just let them run wild all day." I have regretted that hasty response so many times. A gentle kind answer is so much better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!