Friday, October 10, 2014

Are You Afraid?- 52 weeks of family scripture memorization

What are your children afraid of? 

The dark?
High places?
Small spaces?
The old house down the road?

What are you afraid of?

Being alone? 
Dying?
Spiders and ticks? (maybe that is just me)

There are many things in this world that can lead to fear.  But God calls us to not be afraid.

Each night I reassure my youngest that he does not need to be afraid.  That God is watching over him.  That he is not alone.

But do I really believe it?  Do I live like I believe it?

For someone that easily falls into the fear trap (that's me friends), it takes a constant reminder to myself that God tells us to not be afraid.  He commands it of us.  More than several times.

When I really want my kids to listen to me I will repeat what I say.  I am willing to bet God has the same strategy! ;)

So, this week, let's make it a point to listen to Him!

And to fight fear with the word of God!  Maybe we cannot handle it, but He can!



Blessings, 

Essential Fridays Linkup


A Look at The Book

Missional Call

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!