Friday, August 15, 2014

Are You Going the Right Way? 52 weeks of family scripture memorization

Have you ever climbed a rock wall?  It has become a favorite thing to do for my family.  Well, not me.  Because of my recent injury, I stit and watch.  It gives me a lot of time to think.

This past week, I watched as the older kids challenged themselves by trying to follow a specific path that is marked with colored tape.  For each place you put your hands or feet for that particular path, the holds are marked.

How cool is that?  Don't you wish God would do that?

Yes, do that.  No, don't do that.

Telling my youngest to stay beside me in the grocery store or in a parking lot reminds me of the same thing.  Yes, hold on to my shirt and follow right beside.

I would like for God to do that for me.



You know what?

He has!  But just like the little kids of the world who are a little distracted, or the big kids who are just not quite listening, or the big people who just want to do their own thing- I miss the path of God.

Yes, I am good at taking my own path, but I know it is not the BEST path.

Do your kids know how to follow you?  Are we teaching them it is even more important to follow God?

Let's work on that this week.  Let's show them what the Bible says and teach them that when God directs our paths, we are always going the right way!

Missional Call


1 comment:

  1. Oh my Michele, I loved the visual you used. "Hold on to my shirt and follow right beside me". What would my life look like if I did that consistently !! Thank you for this post. And thank you for linking up at Working Christian Mommy, :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!