Friday, May 16, 2014

Help! 52 Weeks of Family Scripture Memorization

Our kids have it pretty easy.  Well, so far in their relatively short lives they have had it pretty easy with little sickness, death, or life changing events.   They have not had to muster up their coping skills for too many BIG things.

But that does not mean that they never will.  Life is full of challenges.  Some are big.  And scary.
I want to teach our kids that it is especially during those times that they need to remember where to run to for safety and strength.


I would like to just tell them "Come to me.  I am your mom, I can make it all better."  Just like when they were little and we would tell them, "Stay close to mom and dad and you will be safe."  But that's not the whole truth. We will TRY to keep them safe.  We can WANT to shelter them from everything bad.  We will do OUR best to teach them strength.

But we can only do so much in our humanness.  We are not God.

Only He can provide true refuge and strength.  Only He can really help us.

And so while I will always TRY to do what is best for our kids, I want them to know without a shadow of a doubt only HE will always do what is best for them!

May they always know where to turn first!

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!