Friday, April 18, 2014

Happy Easter- 52 Weeks of Family Scripture Memorization

I love Easter.  

When I was a child, it was a fun holiday. We got new dresses and pretty corsages to wear.  We celebrated with family we did not get to see very often.  We ate special meals of ham and deviled eggs and mashed potatoes.  And we had egg hunts and got Easter baskets. BIG Easter baskets.

Then I grew up.  And let go of of some of those things. And started new traditions for my own kids.

But most importantly, somewhere along my journey I realized just why Easter was so important.  It is not about the eggs, baskets, and food.  (I know, shocking, huh?!)

It is about Jesus.  And that He rose from the dead.




Rose!

Wow.  That takes my breathe away just to type.

He did not remain in a grave but rose.

How is that for some GOOD NEWS?

Happy Easter, friends!  Enjoy celebrating the Good News!

Blessings,




http://christianmommyblogger.com

Missional Women

For the Display of His Splendor

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for your Easter message. I love the Good News! have a wonderful Easter celebrating Jesus!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!