Friday, August 2, 2013

Fun Friday- Pizza Edition

Someday I might get back to making Fun Fridays about more than just food, but let's face it, food is a good thing, so we might as well have some fun with it.

So, this month is all about - PIZZA!  

There was a time in my life when I loved to order pizza from a few major, to remain nameless,  franchises out there.  My husband and I could order a small or medium and go to town.  But four kids later, and ya'll that is just expensive.  And quite honestly, just doesn't taste like it use to.

So I started making my own.  And then a friend gave me the easiest dough recipe ever and we haven't looked back.  We may go out for pizza occasionally, Pizza Ranch here in our little town is my youngest's new o-b-s-e-s-s-i-o-n, but for the most part we just make it at home.

Every Monday for lunch.  (you know I have a lunch schedule, right?)
And several Fridays a month since hubby misses the lunch ones.

I was getting tired of cheese and pepperoni so I thought we would try a few new ones.

First up- Buffalo Chicken Pizza!  I tweaked the recipe I found a long time ago and came up with something the kids would eat.  Maybe not their favorite (remember- cheese and pepperoni?) but definitely a keeper! Healthy? Well... sometimes you just have to go with good enough. ;)



Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Pizza dough (try it, you'll like it!)
1/2 c. ketchup
1  tbsp. vinegar
1 tsp tabasco sauce
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. chopped chicken, cooked
1/4 c blue cheese dressing
2 garlic cloves, crushed
chopped tomatoes (not on ours, but have at it!)
parsley
1-2 cups of mozzarella cheese

Cook dough at 450 for 10 minutes.
Combine ketchup, vinegar, hot sauce, salt and garlic.  Add chicken and mix to coat.  Spread on cooked dough.
Top with cheese and parsley. And tomatoes if you like!

Cook additional 5-10 minutes until heated through and cheese melts. Drizzle with dressing before serving.

Enjoy!

Tots and Me

7 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yumo! I love home made pizza. This looks like a great recipe, of course I would have to make it gluten free.
    Blessings
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good-I'm pinning this although it won't help the diet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. one of our local pizza places makes a chicken pizza I love. it has a ranch-based sauce instead of red, chicken, bacon and banana peppers.

    I never thought I'd eat anything but pepperoni and veggies, but it is so good! Even Ben loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love pizza night! Sometimes we have a salad or fruit on the side and still spend half of what we'd spend for a pizza delivered, not that we could get someone to deliver us a pizza out here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buffalo Chicken is my husband's favorite food. I'm going to definitely make this when football season starts back up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!