Friday, March 8, 2013

Fun Fridays- more Natural Cleaners


 
I do not like to mop.  There, I said it.  I used to think hardwood floors were amazing.  Now that I have them,  they are not so amazing.  They have to be cleaned.  Often.  And mopping hurts my back. Yes, I know the carpets are just as dirty, but at least I can't see that.  But, with hardwood floors, everything shows.

This is one area I have tried several different combinations of cleaners.  One left the floor sticky.  Trashed that.  One made the floor look like it had a film over it.  Trashed that.  The one I like the most is simple.  And it works.  What more could you ask for?

Floor Cleaner
4 tsp. Castile soap
10 drops of lemon essential oil
1 gallon hot water

That's it.  Simple!  I mixed it up and keep it in a container under my sink.
Now, if I could just find someone to mop the floor for me!

Blessings,



This post is linked up to Amy, over at Raising Arrows!

3 comments:

  1. I'll tell ya what....you come do my bathrooms and I'll do your floors! ;-)

    Seriously, though, THANK YOU for this recipe! Have been looking for something quick, economical and easy to whip up for my floors. I'll let you know how I like it when I get around to mopping next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids say that I "orange" our floors, because I just use water and orange essential oil. It works great and smells even better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I notice when I mop and sweep it tightens my stomach muscles ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!