Thursday, September 6, 2012

Thursday Quick Tip Link Up





I am joining Marcy at Ben and Me with Thursday Quick Tips!  Pop on over to read her tip for today and many more.

A simple tip to make life easier for me-  freeze ahead simple batches of food to have on hand and ready for quick meal prep.  This time I am not talking about whole meals, just the simple stuff that you can take out, defrost and add together.

In my freezer you will find bags or glass jars full of:

Tomato sauce
Spaghetti sauce
Chicken broth
Beans
Brown rice
Diced onion
Diced peppers
Cooked ground beef
Cooked chicken, shredded


You get the idea.  Then when we need something, I pop it in the microwave or defrost in a bowl of warm water and make dinner.  No more waiting for the slow stuff to cook, it was already done on a free weekend!

Quick and easy and saves tons of time on those busy weekday nights when the family is hungry and you need dinner on the table- NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!