Friday, May 11, 2012

MOM- for you!

Those of you who know my mom know that she is amazing.  No really she is!  I know that God blessed me by making me hers.  Here are just a few reasons why:

...with a two year old in tow (that's me) she crossed the country in a car to start a new life.  Not her choice, it's just what she did.  She gave up parts of her life for years to give me a better one.

...she made our home a welcome haven to friends and family and taught me what it was to love people for who they are and where they are at.

...she let her only child live her dreams, encouaging me always to follow my heart and follow God.

...she has been at the birth of our three oldest, despite the fact that that meant three different states and some last minute travel.  She was the first relative CJ met when we stepped off that plane and into his new life.  Those kiddos think she's their second mom.  CJ says, "Me and Grammy both have black hair!"  Well, there you have it! ;)

...with an uncompleted college degree she has been a bank teller, office manager, dental assistant, CNA, doula and preschool teacher.  She has touched the lives of many others.

...when we moved to Colorado, she decided that would be a good place to live.  So she moved too!  That was our best.assignment.EVER!  Much of which we owe to her.

...she will come running to our rescue at the drop of a hat (or just a text!) to play mom for us.  Trust me, we tried that out in March!

...she raised me in a church-going home, but when my husband and I begin to see that there was more to being a believer than just attending church, she joined us in our quest for knowledge, accepted the Lord as her personal Savior and was baptized with us and our oldest!  Precious memories!

...she takes care of my sweet Grandmother, allowing her to live her senior years in happiness, close to the ones who love her.

She is kind hearted.  She is loving.  She is generous.  She is amazing.  She is loved!

That's my mom!


Happy Mother's Day Mom!

Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies I know and admire!  The world is a better place because of you!

2 comments:

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!