Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I Choose to be Thankful

I was challenged by a friend's recent Facebook comment so here goes...

Today is the day! I am going to choose a positive thought to replace every negative one that enters my mind. (After this challenging past month, let me tell ya, this could be a long day!). Won't you join me?

Here are just a few to get us started:

Today I CHOOSE to be thankful for-
Waking up to a new day
A God that loves me
An incredible husband (not to mention his gift of patience)
The four kiddos I have been blessed with
My family, especially my mom who comes to our rescue...a lot. ;)
A house to live in and food to eat
Our homeschooling friends and their kids who inspire me daily
The opportunity to homeschool
Our military friends who have walked by our side for almost 20 years
Our church, where we have the freedom to worship and our church family that joins us in our passion for God
Animals and how they bring a simple joy to our lives
Blogging buddies
Chocolate (just keeping it real)
Gardens
Books
Babies
Adoption ...

Oh, wow, once I got on a roll this was E-A-S-Y! Maybe it won't such a long day after all.


The key word is choose. Each day we have a choice, to wake up with a song in our heart and a smile on our face or we can wake up and ignore the wonders all around us. We can choose to change our hearts so that our words will follow.  Regardless, it is a choice we make. It is also a habit to form. Maybe this should be a daily challenge!

What are YOU thankful for today?
Matthew 15:18- But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart..."

1 comment:

  1. Michelle, the name of your Blog says it all. I am thankful for faith, family, and (I will change the third "F") friends. Thanks for your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!